Girls Everywhere Meeting the Savior
GEMS Girls’ Clubs is a relationship-building club program created especially for girls! The purpose of GEMS Girls’ Clubs is to help bring girls into a living, dynamic relationship with Jesus Christ. To help foster this all-important relationship between each girl and Christ, other relationships are nurtured as well — between girls and between girls and their counselor (leader).
Girls in clubs are organized into small groups with one leader or counselor for each group of six to eight girls. These small groups coupled with the weekly interactions that take place in club nurture and develop faith and help girls create long-lasting friendships.
The ministry of GEMS Girls’ Clubs has been serving churches for fifty years. During these years, thousands of girls’ lives have been changed forever. Today, there are more than 23,000 girls who are members of GEMS Girls’ Clubs, with 5,200 women enthusiastically serving as their counselors and mentors. For the first time ever, GEMS Girls’ Clubs has over 800 clubs!
Who? Girls in 1st through 8th grade
When? Sunday nights from 6:30-8:00 PM from September through April
Where? Woodlyn Baptist Church
What else? In club, girls will:
- Participate in team building
- Enjoy dynamic singing, creative movement, and dance
- Develop important life skills through badge activities
- Learn how to apply the Bible to their lives
- Make creative and fun crafts
- Participate in service projects that make a difference in other’s lives
- Find answers to challenges that girls face today”For man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. “I Samuel 16:7